Construction Work 5/7/19 – 5/31/19
- Acquiring permits from Oakland and San Leandro and beginning potholing
During the initial phase of construction, work will be performed on the following streets:
- Doolittle Drive
- Hegenberger Road
- 98th Avenue
- Davis Street
Project construction has begun as of Spring 2019. Crews are installing approximately 16 miles of fiber optic lines, 45 wayfinding signs, and 26 cameras as well as upgrading 19 intersection traffic signals and 7 intersection curb ramps throughout critical arterial roadways. These roadways include 5th Street, 6th Street, 7th Street, 8th Street, 12th Street, Brush Street, Castro Street, Jackson Street, International Boulevard (SR-185), San Leandro Boulevard/Street and East 14th Street along with the crossing arterials of 23rd Avenue, 29th Avenue, Fruitvale Avenue, 42nd Avenue (SR-77), High Street, 66th Avenue, Hegenberger Road, 98th Avenue, Doolittle Drive (SR-66), and Davis Street (State Route 112).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Temporary lane closures
- Potholing: Digging of small holes to minimize project interference
- Underground drilling: Drilling to create small horizontal pathways for pipes and conduits
- Installation of wayfinding signs
- Installation of various traffic signal components
- Modifications to existing sidewalks, curbs, and gutters
Regular work hours will be Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm.